[sudo-workers] packaging versus make questions

Todd C. Miller Todd.Miller at courtesan.com
Wed Apr 26 16:01:41 MDT 2017

On Tue, 24 Jan 2017 13:20:40 +0100, Michael Felt wrote:

I'm finally getting around to addressing these points, sorry for
the long delay.

> in sudo.pp I see the comment:
>
> %else
>          # For all but RPM and Debian we need to install sudoers with a
> different
>          # name and make a copy of it if there is no existing file.
>          mv ${pp_destdir}$sudoersdir/sudoers
> ${pp_destdir}$sudoersdir/sudoers.dist
>
> Why not have 'make' create sudoers.dist as default, and both in make
> install and sudo.pp
> have the test to not overwrite ${pp_destdir}$sudoersdir/sudoers if it
> already exists?

I've made a change like this in:
    https://www.sudo.ws/repos/sudo/rev/40f8e5806d71

See https://www.sudo.ws/repos/sudo/rev/4200ef757b56

> Small thing in sudo.pp:
>
> in the %post for AIX you have a test on /etc/rc.d - obviously, that
> directory exists as you just installed /etc/rc.d/init.d/sudo.
> The correct test is probably on the directory /etc/rc.d/rc2.d

The intent was to avoid installing the link on AIX systems without
/etc/rc.d since not all AIX systems have that.  Of course, since
it just installed /etc/rc.d/init.d/sudo this check is not effective.
I've modified it to check for /etc/rc.d/rc2.d instead which should
be a little better.

> p.s. the embedded zlib looks like it needs a facelift (the version
> string I found is 1.2.8 while the latest version is (very recently)
> updated to 1.2.10

Thanks for mentioning this, sudo 1.8.20 will include zlib 1.2.11.