[sudo-workers] Ignore unknown Defaults parameters selectively

Daniele Palumbo daniele at retaggio.net
Fri Feb 3 09:36:40 MST 2017

Hi,

We have several installation of Sudo against LDAP.
We are making use of
sudoOption: netgroup_tuple

This parameter is unknown in old revision of sudo, but printed in stderr
"sudo: unknown defaults entry `netgroup_tuple'

This is fine for us, and we wish just to ignore this parameter.

But, on top of scripts etc, we have several sudo usage.
The additional output is going to create problem to some script, that fails.

We need to suppress the command line warning.

Is there a Default that do suppress it?

Like
Defaults ignore_unkown_defaults = “netgroup_tuple”
And eventually
Defaults ignore_unkown_defaults = ALL

If not, worth the case to add it?
I think that for the future release it would be very valuable.

Thank you very much,
Daniele