[sudo-workers] packaging versus make questions

Michael Felt michael at felt.demon.nl
Tue Jan 24 05:20:40 MST 2017

Hi,

in sudo.pp I see the comment:

%else
         # For all but RPM and Debian we need to install sudoers with a
different
         # name and make a copy of it if there is no existing file.
         mv ${pp_destdir}$sudoersdir/sudoers
${pp_destdir}$sudoersdir/sudoers.dist

Why not have 'make' create sudoers.dist as default, and both in make
install and sudo.pp
have the test to not overwrite ${pp_destdir}$sudoersdir/sudoers if it
already exists?

For AIX, something similar for /etc/rc.d/rc2.s/S90sudo -i.e., do not
make it as a file (or link) when DESTDIR is defined,
but leave it as a comment. I notice that you do not package it using
sudo.pp - but do currently create it
when running make DESTDIR=/some/where/else install

Small thing in sudo.pp:

in the %post for AIX you have a test on /etc/rc.d - obviously, that
directory exists as you just installed /etc/rc.d/init.d/sudo.
The correct test is probably on the directory /etc/rc.d/rc2.d

Thanks for the upkeep!

Michael

p.s. the embedded zlib looks like it needs a facelift (the version
string I found is 1.2.8 while the latest version is (very recently)
updated to 1.2.10