[sudo-workers] Defaults editor= with last entry not existing in the OS get sudoedit fail with error

Todd C. Miller Todd.Miller at sudo.ws
Tue Apr 17 14:54:10 MDT 2018

On Tue, 17 Apr 2018 22:40:40 +0200, Daniele Palumbo wrote:

> Just for my understanding, is this the following entry in the changelog?
>
> 2017-12-21  Todd C. Miller  <Todd.Miller at sudo.ws>
>
> 	* plugins/sudoers/sudoers.c:
> 	Stop looking for an editor as soon as we find one. A similar fix was
> 	made to visudo some time ago.
> 	[c6c5d968612a]

Yes.  There was no bug filed on this, it was just something I noticed
when comparing the sudoedit and visudo editor code.

I'll be updating the documentation on the "editor" setting in sudo
1.8.23 to mention that it is used by sudoedit when no EDITOR, VISUAL
or SUDO_EDITOR environment variable is set.  Originally, "editor"
was only for visudo but now a common set of code is used in visudo
and sudoedit to determine the editor.