[sudo-workers] sudo 1.8.25rc1 released

Todd C. Miller Todd.Miller at sudo.ws
Fri Aug 31 11:12:01 MDT 2018

The first release candidate for sudo 1.8.25 is now available.  Sudo
1.8.25 is primarily a bug fix release.  I expect this to be a short
release cycle, focused on bug fixes.

Source:
    https://www.sudo.ws/dist/beta/sudo-1.8.25rc1.tar.gz
    ftp://ftp.sudo.ws/pub/sudo/beta/sudo-1.8.25rc1.tar.gz

SHA256 checksum:
    8905f4d39b927186392ae89574bcd529c6ba360cc34ba26eb43948865e6b27e1
MD5 checksum:
    0655cf13dffd9264c59ebe1674e490d9

Binary packages:
    https://www.sudo.ws/dist/beta/packages/index.html#binary

For a list of download mirror sites, see:
    https://www.sudo.ws/download_mirrors.html

Sudo web site:
    https://www.sudo.ws/

Sudo web site mirrors:
    https://www.sudo.ws/mirrors.html

Major changes between sudo 1.8.25rc1 and 1.8.25b2:

 * Fixed a regression introduced in sudo 1.8.24 where the LDAP and
   SSSD backends evaluated the rules in reverse sudoOrder.  Bug #849.

Major changes between sudo 1.8.25b2 and 1.8.25b1:

 * Sudo now sets the LOGIN environment variable to the same value as
   LOGNAME on AIX systems.  Bug #848.

 * I/O log delay values are now parsed with nanosecond precision
   without relying on floating point representation.

Major changes between sudo 1.8.25b1 and 1.8.24:

 * Fixed a bug introduced in sudo 1.8.20 that broke formatting of
   I/O log timing file entries on systems without a C99-compatible
   snprintf() function.  Our replacement snprintf() doesn't support
   floating point so we can't use the "%f" format directive.

 * I/O log timing file entries now use a monotonic timer and include
   nanosecond precision.  A monotonic timer that does not increment
   while the system is sleeping is used where available.

 * Fixed a bug introduced in sudo 1.8.24 where sudoNotAfter in the LDAP
   backend was not being properly parsed.  Bug #845.

 * When sudo runs a command in a pseudo-tty, the slave device is
   now closed in the main process immediately after starting the
   monitor process.  This removes the need for an AIX-specific
   workaround that was added in sudo 1.8.24.

 * Added support for monotonic timers on HP-UX.

 * Fixed a bug displaying timeout values the "sudo -V" output.
   The value displayed was 3600 times the actual value.  Bug #846.

 * Fixed a build issue on AIX 7.1 BOS levels that include memset_s()
   and define rsize_t in string.h.  Bug #847.

 * The testsudoers utility now supports querying an LDIF-format
   policy.