[sudo-workers] sudo 1.8.26rc1 released
Todd C. Miller
Todd.Miller at sudo.ws
Fri Nov 9 12:57:38 MST 2018
The first release candidate for sudo 1.8.26 is now available.
Sudo 1.8.26 is primarily a bug fix release.
For a list of download mirror sites, see:
Sudo web site:
Sudo web site mirrors:
Major changes between sudo 1.8.26rc1 and 1.8.26b2:
* Sudo now includes sudoers LDAP schema for the on-line configuration
supported by OpenLDAP.
* Updated translations from translationproject.org
Major changes between sudo 1.8.26b2 and 1.8.26b1:
* Sudo now provides a proper error message when the "fqdn" sudoers
option is set and it is unable to resolve the local host name.
* Portuguese translation for sudo and sudoers from translationproject.org.
Major changes between sudo 1.8.26b1 and 1.8.25p1:
* Fixed a bug in cvtsudoers when converting to JSON format when
alias expansion is enabled. Bug #853.
* Sudo no long sets the USERNAME environment variable when running
commands. This is a non-standard environment variable that was
set on some older Linux systems.
* Sudo now treats the LOGNAME and USER environment variables (as
well as the LOGIN variable on AIX) as a single unit. If one is
preserved or removed from the environment using env_keep, env_check
or env_delete, so is the other.
* Added support for OpenLDAP's TLS_REQCERT setting in ldap.conf.
* Sudo now logs when the command was suspended and resumed in the
I/O logs. This information is used by sudoreplay to skip the
time suspended when replaying the session unless the new -S flag
* Fixed documentation problems found by the igor utility. Bug #854.
* Sudo now prints a warning message when there is an error or end
of file while reading the password instead of exiting silently.
* Fixed a bug in the sudoers LDAP back-end parsing the command_timeout,
role, type, privs and limitprivs sudoOptions. This also affected
cvtsudoers conversion from LDIF to sudoers or JSON.
* Fixed a bug that prevented timeout settings in sudoers from
functioning unless a timeout was also specified on the command
* Asturian translation for sudo from translationproject.org.
* When generating LDIF output, cvtsudoers can now be configured
to pad the sudoOrder increment such that the start order is used
as a prefix. Bug #856.
* Fixed a bug introduced in sudo 1.8.25 that prevented sudo from
properly setting the user's groups on AIX. Bug #857.
* If the user specifies a group via sudo's -g option that matches
any of the target user's groups, it is now allowed even if no
groups are present in the Runas_Spec. Previously, it was only
allowed if it matched the target user's primary group.
* The sudoers LDAP back-end now supports negated sudoRunAsUser and
More information about the sudo-workers