The following list is subject to change but represents what I expect to have done for future Sudo releases.
- Support for session logging ala the script command, including
timestamps for realtime playback.
- Support for seting environment variables in sudoers.
- Replace redblack tree with
- Add POSIX regexp support in sudoers, e.g. "m/regexp/"
- A real test harness for testsudoers. (tests still need to be written)
- New, unambiguous sudoers format with support for setting
options in the command specifier.
- Program aliases that get expanded when a user runs a command
that is not a path name with support for $* (argv) substitution.
- Program substitution (e.g. substitute sudoedit for vi/emacs).
- POSIX Regular expression support.
- Probably much, much more ;-)
Last updated November 9, 2008.