Redhat Package

Ed_Janowiak at kbkids.com Ed_Janowiak at kbkids.com
Wed Aug 16 12:03:22 EDT 2000

Insult does not show in the compiled options. Since I used a RPM, I can't
compile insults into it, or anything else. I tried adding

Defaults  insults

to my sudoers file, but insults didn't show.

I'm wondering, should I remove the rpm and compile my own?

Thanks,

- Ed

                    "Todd C. Miller"
                    <Todd.Miller at cour        To:     Ed_Janowiak at kbkids.com
                    tesan.com>               cc:     sudo-users at courtesan.com
                                             Subject:     Re: Redhat Package
                    08/15/2000 04:31
                    PM

In message <OF2241DB7C.2BFF436E-ON8725693C.007A991E at kbkids.com>
           so spake  (Ed_Janowiak):

> Does the Redhat sudo package 1.6.3p4 contain insults? I've set the
Defaults
> to Insults but no one is being insulted. Very disappointing.

You can check this by doing:
    sudo -V | grep Insult
as root (or sudo sudo -V | grep Insult if not).

When run by root, the -V flag spits out the defaults and options sudo
was compiled with.