[sudo-users] Mailing list update and enhancement request

Grant Taylor gtaylor at tnetconsulting.net
Mon Apr 1 09:59:30 MDT 2024

On 3/30/24 10:12 AM, Todd C. Miller via sudo-users wrote:
> The intented use of /etc/sudoers.d was for packages to be able to
> create files there for specific accounts created as part of the
> package installation.

What constitutes "packages" in this context?

I've found that I place site local sudo configurations files in that
directory as it's much easier to make things more modular therein.  No
need to use a monolithic (/etc/)sudoers file and mange change
aggregation when it's easy to place things in /etc/sudoers.d.

I do suggest a naming convention so that files in the /etc/sudoers.d
directory don't conflict.  I use <company-name>-<module>.

--
Grant. . . .
unix || die