Current Development Release
The current development release of sudo is
are also available for the development releases.
For full details see the ChangeLog
file or view the commit history in
If you plan to use a development release of sudo, please subscribe
to the sudo-workers mailing list so
that you will receive updates on bug fixes and related announcements.
You may also be interested in the
sudo-commits mailing list which
receives a message for each commit to the sudo source tree.
Major changes between version 1.9.2rc2 and 1.9.2rc1:
- Fixed a build issue when --enable-gcrypt and --enable-openssl
are both specified.
Major changes between version 1.9.2rc1 and 1.9.1:
- Fixed package builds on RedHat Enterprise Linux 8.
- The configure script now uses pkg-config
to find the openssl cflags and libs where possible.
- The contents of the log.json I/O log file is now documented
in the sudoers manual.
- The sudoers plugin now properly exports the sudoers_audit
symbol on systems where the compiler lacks symbol visibility controls.
This caused a regression in 1.9.1 where a successful sudo command
was not logged due to the missing audit plugin.
- Fixed a regression introduced in 1.9.1 that can result in crash
when there is a syntax error in the sudoers file.