Need to get red of sudo

Chhaya, Harshal hchhaya at ti.com
Wed Nov 8 13:59:11 EST 2000

I did this by aliasing the command(s) for the users. Their shell config file
(.bash_profile in this example) defines the alias.

For eg. to allow a user to stop the Apache server I defined:
alias apache_stop="sudo /usr/local/apache/bin/apachectl stop"

You can also define aliases for standard commands.

The sudoers file defines if the user needs to enter the password for the
command or not.

This scheme is not very scalable ie. it becomes very time consuming to
maintain if you have a lot of 'protected' commands and/or users.

Regards,
Harshal