newbie needs help

MUNRO DONALD dj.munro at abcol.ac.uk
Tue Oct 31 11:57:29 EST 2000

Hi Folks

new to sudo, followed everything on the installation instructions,can't seem
to get it to run. It seems to run as root which is not a lot of help. Get an
error message "sorry , sudo must be setuid root" when I try to run it from
my own login.
All I want to do is set up a group of users who can change passwords (not
root) , cancel print jobs and add users. I am running solaris 2.6 , 2.7 and
2.8 on a variety of sun servers and have installed and compiled sudo-1.6.3p.
Any help would be appreciated

Cheers

Donald