Réf. : problem: sudo as user (not root)

steve.bernier at desjardins.com steve.bernier at desjardins.com
Thu Apr 11 11:01:18 EDT 2002

Try "sudo -u webber /u14/oracle/bounceweb" instead.  It should work.

You have to specify the user you want to run this command when it's not root.

Steve

"Markham, Richard" <RMarkham at hafeleamericas.com>@sudo.ws on 2002-04-11 10:45:48

Envoyé par :   sudo-users-admin at sudo.ws

Pour :    "Sudo (E-mail)" <sudo-users at sudo.ws>
cc :
Objet :   problem: sudo as user (not root)

#Config file
#(root at erpd1)-> cat sudoers

User_Alias WEBMASTERS = reguser

WEBMASTERS ALL = (webber) NOPASSWD: /u14/oracle/bounceweb
root ALL = (ALL) ALL

#Message that appeared on console when reguser tried to 'sudo /u14/oracle/bounceweb'

(root at erpd1)-> Apr 11 10:30:46 erpd1 sudo: [ID 850335 local2.alert]   reguser : command not allowed ; TTY=pts/18 ; PWD=/opt/home/reguser ; USER=root ;
COMMAND=/u14/oracle/bounceweb

I am under the impression that when reguser does 'sudo /u14/oracle/bounceweb' it should be trying to run the
command as user webber instead of root (USER=root message above).  Can anyone tell me its doing this?