Trouble with sudo in chroot

John Oliver joliver at john-oliver.net
Thu Dec 19 21:24:27 EST 2002

Red Hat 7.2, sudo-1.6.3p7-2

I have a user I've trapped in a chroot.  I want them to be able to run
one command as root, so I created a script.  I have in the real
/etc/sudoers:

blist   ALL=NOPASSWD: /usr/sbin/chroot /home/blist /bin/su - blist*
#blist  ALL=NOPASSWD: /home/blist/bin/makevirt
blist   ALL=NOPASSWD: /usr/sbin/makemap
blist   ALL=NOPASSWD: /usr/sbin/makemap hash /etc/mail/virtusertable <
/etc/mail/virtusertable

And in the /etc/sudoers inside the chroot jail:

#blist  ALL=NOPASSWD: /bin/makevirt
blist   ALL=NOPASSWD: /usr/sbin/makemap hash /etc/mail/virtusertable <
/etc/mail/virtusertable

[joliver at ns joliver]$ su - blist
Password:
bash-2.05$ makevirt