rvim

Jeff Kennedy jlkennedy at amcc.com
Tue Jun 25 09:33:52 EDT 2002

Overwriting a file is less of a concern (I have backups and they would
be fired).  The real issue is getting a root shell, with all the
priveledge it provides.  As long as they can *only* edit files and not
break out into an open root environment then I'm ok with that.

Thanks for the idea though.  I think I might write a wrapper that they
use for rvim; something like 'jumpstart_edit' where jumpstart_edit is
just a script where they can choose which file to edit with rvim.  They
run the script as themselves and once a file is chosen it runs 'sudo
rvim <file>'.  Think that would work?

~JK