rvim

Yocom, Ray ryocom at ci.yakima.wa.us
Tue Jun 25 12:28:46 EDT 2002

I just can't resist throwing my two cents.  If rvim will allow a user to
open, edit and write a file as root, they can eventually gain full root
access.  The wrapper is a good idea, but I assume that once they are in rvim
they can open another file.  If that is the case all they would need to do
is edit any script file that runs as root and they could do anything from
setting up a new user to moving in a home grown login file.  If what you are
after is the ability to edit /etc/hosts and the like, I would recommend you
script the various edit functions (add, delete, change) and run those
scripts via sudo.

Ray