sudo, unix-groups and ldap

Aaron Spangler aaron at spangler.ods.org
Wed Dec 10 00:26:46 EST 2003

Hello Heinz,

I believe having a group listed in both local & LDAP is confusing your Linux box. (Its like
having your account listed both in /etc/passwd and in LDAP.)

I recommend the following two changes:
1. In LDAP, remove xf01070 from the ldap group 'nobody'.
2. Change the primary group id (GID) of the ldap user xf01070 to be 65534.  This way you are
guaranteed to get the group that you want.  You will need to logout & login for Linux to pick up
your changes.

Also before running sudo, try running 'id -a' and verifying that you belong to the groups you
believe you belong to.

I hope this helps.

Tschus!

 -Aaron