easy config problem ...

Alek O. Komarnitsky (N-CSC) alek at ast.lmco.com
Wed Oct 29 12:15:22 EST 2003

> From sudo-users-bounces at sudo.ws Wed Oct 29 10:07 MST 2003
>
> Greetings.
>
> My apologies for the easy configuration question, but I'm having trouble
> understanding the man file and howtos that I've found so far ...
>
> so,  I'm trying to create a simple sudo, in which a user "prep" is
> allowed to execute the "adduser" command .... I've tried adding the user
> "prep" to the user configuration but visudo complains  ....  what am I
> doing wrong?  How can I achieve this rather simple goal?
>
> Thanks for the help.
>
> Kenn
>
> ># sudoers file.
> >#
> ># This file MUST be edited with the 'visudo' command as root.
> >#
> ># See the man page for details on how to write a sudoers file.
> >#
> >
> ># Host alias specification
> >
> ># User alias specification
> >
> ># Cmnd alias specification
> >
> >Cmnd_Alias	ADDUSER = /usr/sbin/adduser
> >
> ># User privilege specification
> >root	ALL=(ALL) ALL

I can't remember if significant, but we have a TAB delimeter
after the "Alias" keyword and no spaces between the "="
I.e. something like the following SHOULD work:
   Cmnd_Alias	ADDUSER=/usr/sbin/adduser
   prep		ALL=ADDUSER     (to be able to run on ALL machines)
   prep		abc=ADDUSER     (can only run on machine abc)

alek

P.S. For those interested in a little Halloween Levity,
I've setup the webcam/webcontrol again as I did last xmas.
"only" ~4,000 lights (instead of 22,000 for xmas/2002),
but I got the Hulk spotlighted - check it out at:
   http://www.komar.org/halloween/