[sudo-users] adduser via web (cgi script)

Jim Horwath jim.horwath at rcn.com
Wed Jul 28 20:57:37 EDT 2004

I think your playing with fire allowing users to be added
from a cgi script.  That is a security incident waiting to
happen.  A person can add a user then through privledge
escalation become root on your machine, install rootkits,
etc. Or the person can grabn the cgi source monkey with the
tags and add a user with privledge. Sorry for being a party
pooper, but it seems like a poor idea.

Regards,
Jim