[sudo-users] adduser via web (cgi script)

Moss, Leonard J. ljm at slac.stanford.edu
Thu Jul 29 21:12:20 EDT 2004

On Wed, 28 Jul 2004 at 17:03 [-0700], Erickson N. Jacob wrote:

> hi all
>
> i have a cgi scipt to add user accounts via web
>
> system ("/usr/bin/sudo /usr/sbin/useradd", $user);

Is this a Perl cgi script?  If so, I think you either need to
interpolate $user into the preceding string or else (probably
better, depending on how carefully you check $user) make
"/usr/sbin/useradd" a separate argument.  Perl's system function
behaves differently depending on whether there are one or more
than one arguments.