[sudo-users] SUDO takes a long time to log in

Carla Cristina Alonzo Duclos ccduclos at santanderbanespa.com.br
Thu Sep 23 08:33:18 EDT 2004

Hy Aaron,

Thanks for your help. I had though about DNS problem, but I solved the
problem changing the version of SUDO.

Todd sent the tip.

I am sending his email explanning why sudo was slow.

--------------
In message <D440EE8C28793D4298633B5AD8BEB3C8029D06 at bsbrsp42.bs.br.bsch>
	so spake Carla Cristina Alonzo Duclos (ccduclos):

> I am using sudo-1.6.7p5-1. I looked for the new version (1.6.8p1) and
> I found one. I tried and it worked properly.

Great.  In case you were wondering the delay was probably caused by sudo
trying to close all possible open file descriptors.  When the resource
limits are set very high this can be slow.  Starting with 1.6.8 sudo uses
the closefrom() function or /proc/$$/fd to only close those that are really
open, which is much faster.

 - todd

Thanks a lot,

Regards,