[sudo-users] Can't get sudo working with ldap

Justin Albstmeijer justin at VLAMea.com
Wed Apr 6 05:14:17 EDT 2005

"SudoCommand: (ALL) ALL" should be "sudoCommand: ALL"

A bug in sudoers2ldif?

> Howdy all,
>
> I followed the instructions in the LDAP.readme and everything seemed to
be going smooth until I actually tried executing sudo.  I get the
following below.  Everything on the ldap server shows communication
between the two servers.  Any ideas?

found:cn=mjuszczak,ou=SUDOers,dc=*********,dc=net
> ldap sudoHost 'orion' ... MATCH!
> ldap sudoCommand '(ALL) ALL' ... not
> ldap search 'sudoUser=+*'
> user_matches=-1
> host_matches=-1
> sudo_ldap_check(0)=0x04
> Password:
> mjuszczak is not in the sudoers file.  This incident will be reported.
orion$