[sudo-users] Using SUDO without the Prompt

Ladner, Eric (Eric.Ladner) Eric.Ladner at chevrontexaco.com
Wed Feb 2 14:54:52 EST 2005

About the only thing I can think of is wrapping everything in a script,
which is more trouble than it's worth.  You'd have to wrap everything,
and they'd have to know where the wrapper was, etc.

Trust me, I've been using sudo for years.  Once you use it for about a
week and a half, you don't even notice typing it any more.

The only other transparent thing I can think of is this:

sudo /bin/ksh

After that, you don't have to type sudo any more because you're running
in a root shell.  It defeats the spirit of your standard, though.  I
remember seeing sudosh (http://sourceforge.net/projects/sudosh/) that
gives users a root shell, but it's auditable (tracks all executed
commands).  Might be an option.

Eric Ladner, Systems Analyst
RFMS IT Support