[sudo-users] Extent of release from password requirement

Leslie Katz lesliek at ozemail.com.au
Sun Oct 9 05:10:38 EDT 2005

As root, I edited my sudoers file to give myself, as user, the
ability to use the tee command without entering a password
beforehand.  Consistently with what I understand to be the purpose of
sudo, I imagined that I could limit that ability by adding a set of
arguments to the statement of the command in my sudoers file.
However, when I did that, I was asked for a password when I
afterwards used the tee command. When, on the other hand,  I omitted
the arguments from the sudoers file, I could run the tee command
afterwards without being asked for a password.

Is there some way to condition a release for a user from the
obligation to use a password in connection with a particular command
on using the command with certain arguments only?