[sudo-users] Compile problem on MP-RAS

Don Hardy hardyd0 at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 12 11:51:22 EDT 2005

Hello,

I'm trying to compile the latest version (1.6.8p9) of sudo on a Pentium based platform running NCR Unix SVR4 MP-RAS version 3.02.01.  The version of the gcc compiler being used is 3.3.2.  I'm not passing any options to the ./configure script and I get the following error:

checking build system type... ./config.guess: unable to guess system type
This script, last modified 2002-11-30, has failed to recognize
the operating system you are using. It is advised that you
download the most up to date version of the config scripts from
    ftp://ftp.gnu.org/pub/gnu/config/
If the version you run (./config.guess) is already up to date, please
send the following data and any information you think might be
pertinent to <config-patches at gnu.org> in order to provide the needed
information to handle your system.
config.guess timestamp = 2002-11-30
uname -m = SE7520JR22
uname -r = 4.2
uname -s = CMS1_1-9
uname -v = 3.3
/usr/bin/uname -p = Pentium IV(TM)-ISA/PCI
/bin/uname -X     =
hostinfo               =
/bin/universe          =
/usr/bin/arch -k       =
/bin/arch              =
/usr/bin/oslevel       =
/usr/convex/getsysinfo =
UNAME_MACHINE = SE7520JR22
UNAME_RELEASE = 4.2
UNAME_SYSTEM  = CMS1_1-9
UNAME_VERSION = 3.3
configure: error: cannot guess build type; you must specify one

How do I specify the correct build type?

Thanks,
Don