[sudo-users] sudo and groups

Timo Wendt twendt at online.de
Wed Apr 26 01:41:47 EDT 2006

Yes, ls works fine. But then the command to run is "ls". I think that
the problem sems to be that sudo checks to see if the command exists
before it rtries to run the command. Maybe the gid is not changed at
that time? It is actually possible to run it as root instead of timo.
So the gid must be changed when run as root. I did have a look at the
source code and saw that there are different functions for running as
root and for running as runas-User. I didn't figure out though what
the problem is. I am not a C expert.

Gruß,

Timo Wendt

ACHTUNG: Meine Email-Adresse hat sich von Timo at Schnibbe.net in
Timo at TJWendt.de geändert.