[sudo-users] SIGINT while within editor

Valentin Nechayev netch at lucky.net
Thu Apr 27 03:58:11 EDT 2006

Hi,

I prefer to use ^C to exit insert mode in vi/vim rather then Esc
(this is much faster and doesn't collide with terminal
sequences). Both vim and FreeBSD standard vi allows this. But,
standard vi doesn't block ISIG on terminal so parent process gets
SIGINT. Many editor callers (e.g. crontab) processes this
correctly, but visudo dies immediately.

It's no problem to patch visudo to ignore SIGINT while editor
works. My question is whether this will be considered as bug and
adopted?

(I suppose there is no reason to generalize the problem over the
SIGINT.)

-netch-