[sudo-users] Strange behavior when execute bit is missing

Josef Wolf jw at raven.inka.de
Sat Apr 29 13:39:30 EDT 2006

On Mon, Apr 24, 2006 at 03:46:31PM -0600, Bob Proulx wrote:

> I don't see that with my installation of Debian Sarge stable. (shrug)
> Unless someone else has ideas I think you will need to dig into it
> deeper to figure out more.  But I get "command not found" when I try
> it.  I find it very strange that your system and mine are producing
> different results.  I think they should behave the same.
>
> Try using strace.

I've took a look at the source and decided to throw in some debug messages
to see what's going on.  But when I try to compile it, I get following
error:

  ~/sudo-1.6.8p7 $ debian/rules binary
  [ many lines deleted ... ]
  auth/pam.c:52:32: security/pam_appl.h: File not found

A directory named security don't seem to exist.  Any idea why it is not
there?