[sudo-users] Compiling sudo

donald.ritchey at exeloncorp.com donald.ritchey at exeloncorp.com
Fri Jul 20 10:44:00 EDT 2007

We use sudo on Tru64 UNIX V5.1b.  I have seen no major issues with
building sudo straight out of the tar bundle.

Two ideas:

1.  Check your shell.  Make sure you are building sudo with an account
that uses either Bourne shell (/bin/sh) or Korn shell (/bin/ksh).  You
get uncertain results if you are a 'C-shell' user.

2.  Run a 'make distclean' in the top level directory of the sudo source
tree to clean out any previous attempts to build the program on other
architectures.

Best wishes, sudo is "Good stuff".

Thanks to all the people over all the years that have contributed to
sudo.  As they say back home in Texas:
	Y'all done good!

Don Ritchey
IT ED RTS Tech Services, Senior IT Analyst (UNIX)