[sudo-users] Using custom script instead of sendmail?

Paul Warren pawarren at speakeasy.net
Tue May 8 00:54:18 EDT 2007

I am trying to roll sudo out to multiple machines, but we only have sendmail
running on one host.  For the other hosts, I need to use C:D (NDM) to invoke
a remote call on the one host with sendmail (rsh is not an option).

Is it possible to have sudo call a custom script instead of sendmail?  I
tried creating a script called sendmail (with #!/usr/bin/ksh as the first
line) and added default:HOSTS mailerpath=/usr/home/me/sendmail in the
sudoers file.  However, I didn't not see this script get called.

I'm debating changing the config file with --with-sendmail=PATH, but I
wanted to ask if this is even possible before re-compiling.

Can I specify a path/script name?  or do I just put a path and it expects to
find ./sendmail there?  If it must be named sendmail, what parameters are
passed by sudo?

Thanks in advance for any and all assistance.
Paul Warren
Broadridge Financial Solutions
(Formerly ADP Brokerage Services)