[sudo-users] pars error when account NOT in sudoers on sudo-1.6.9p15

Rogan, Julian Julian.Rogan at unilever.com
Thu Apr 10 11:18:46 EDT 2008

> Hi,
> I have compiled sudo version 1.6.9p15 using the following options:
>
> ./configure --prefix=/usr/local/sudo-1.6.9p15 \
> --with-csops \
> --with-password-timeout=0 \
> --with-timedir=/etc/sudotime \
> --with-password-retries=5 \
> --with-pam \
> --with-goons-insults \
> --enable-log-host \
> --with-ldap=/usr/linux

There was a typo problem with the Makefile:

in line:

SUDO_LIBS =  -lpam -ldl-lldap -llber   $(LIBS) $(NET_LIBS)

Should have space between -ldl and -lldap

Currently the fault I am seeing is when an account is NOT is
/etc/sudoers.

sudo -l for example generates the error:

sudo: parse error in /etc/sudoers near line -1

Add the account into sudoers and the command works properly.

visudo -c says: /etc/sudoers file parsed OK