[sudo-users] sudo 1.7.0rc8 available

Todd C. Miller Todd.Miller at courtesan.com
Fri Dec 5 13:19:50 EST 2008

In message <1228461155.3468.216.camel at localhost.localdomain>
	so spake Steve T (stevetucknott):

> All I know is the symptoms. Sudo worked for me since FC4 (not sure which
> release of sudo that was) as it seemed to keep the user environment when
> sudo'ing - which in my case is what I wanted as I had a complete
> environment that was 'required' to run some of my apps. Now under FC9
> (sudo 1.6.9p13) the environment gets reset and no matter what settings I
> try in the sudoers, I get a 'restricted' environment.

Starting with sudo 1.6.9 the environment is reset by default.
To disable that you need a line like:

    Default !env_reset

in sudoers.

However, the spec file in sudo-1.6.9p13-7.fc9.src.rpm runs configure
with:

    --with-secure-path="/sbin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin"

so even with environment resetting disable, the PATH will still be
replaced.  You could just grab the srpm, remove that bit from the
spec file and run rpmbuild to create yourself an rpm without that
option.