[sudo-users] sudo crontab -e gives me ED instead of vi

Galen Johnson Galen.Johnson at sas.com
Tue Jan 29 10:43:46 EST 2008

We had a similar issue primarily with solaris containers (normal
installs of sol 10 seemed unaffected).  We had to set the env_reset to
false in our config file...the more interesting problem we've run into
is an interaction with sudo and su.  We have a postgres startup script
that exports the LD_LIBRARY_PATH as part of the script yet the su
command within it fails to pick up the setting.

We've had to add the path variable to the actual su command for it to be
affective.  I suspect this has more to do with how Solaris handles
containers and super user privs than sudo itself but I can't get our IT
guys to talk with Sun about it.

=G=