[sudo-users] segfault with v1.7r3

Chris O'Regan chris at encs.concordia.ca
Fri Nov 7 12:02:04 EST 2008

I am experiencing a problem with sudo v1.7rc3. When I run sudo the first
time, it works, but it segfaults if I run again. I can work around the
problem by running "sudo -k" or waiting until my timestamp expires.

What's strange is that I can reproduce the problem on some systems, but
not on others (all are pretty much identical, running RHEL3 with the
same patches and configuration). I do not experience the problem if I
have logged into my account from root via "su" ("su chris", no "-", does
not work with "su - chris"). I've also tested with the v1.7rc2 binary
and it is fine, too.

Any ideas?

Chris