[sudo-users] Clarification on PAM

Techie techchavez at gmail.com
Fri Apr 30 14:30:56 EDT 2010

Hello Todd and list,

I am trying to grab a better understanding on how sudo works with LDAP.

I have my sudo configuration in LDAP. In order to utilize this config
I was under the impression that the sudo application had to be built
with the --with-ldap configure option per client.

But it seems that if my client sudo app is configured with --with-pam
and my pam sudo file is setup correctly, it can also utilize the LDAP
sudo configuration without being configured with --with-ldap.

Is this expected behaviour?

Thank you