[sudo-users] [SOLVED] sudo problems with internal shell command

Aaron Lewis aaron.lewis1989 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 11 05:28:23 EST 2010

Ah, it's sorry i didn't notice that you all send mail directly to me.
So didn't copy it to mail list.

Thanks all you guys : )

After collect all the messages i got , i finally understand why my
command fails ..

%> sudo echo disable > /proc/acpi/ibm/bluetooth

As Jeff , Robin and Wesley mentioned , this is because shell redirecting
is done by normal use , which has no privileges.
Thus , if it runs totally inside a program and has root privileges , it
works fine.
Well , i think tee gives out the best solution : )

%> echo "disable" | sudo tee /proc/acpi/ibm/bluetooth

Really Good Ah.

--
Best Regards,
Aaron Lewis