[sudo-users] Unable to sudo following centos5.3 to centos5.5 upgrade

Joseph Hammerman jhammerman at videoegg.com
Thu Jul 29 18:04:42 EDT 2010

Good afternoon sudo users list:

We recently upgraded from centos5.3 to centos5.5, which involved an upgrade of the sudo rpm from sudo-1.6.9p17-3.el5_3.1.x86_64.rpm to sudo-1.7.2p1-7.el5_5.x86_64.rpm

When we attempt to sudo on the host following the upgrade we get the following error message:

[root at studio101.sacpa ~]# sudo -l
sudo: unable to cache group QA, already exists

Has anyone else experienced anything similar to this?

Does anyone have troubleshooting tips?

I can attach our sudoers file if it would be helpful.

Thanks!