[sudo-users] noexec on Solaris 10 with mixed 32 bit and 64 bitbinaries

Richard van den Berg richard at vdberg.org
Wed May 19 09:12:10 EDT 2010

On Wed, 19 May 2010 07:54:34 -0500, "Stier, Matthew"
<Matthew.Stier at us.fujitsu.com> wrote:
> Read the ld.so.1 manpage.  It covers runtime linking, which is what you
> are discussing here.
>
> The runtime linker (/lib/ld.so.1) expects the 32 bit library in the
> specified directory (ie: /usr/local/libexec) and the 64 bit library in a
> subdirectory of the specified directory named '64'  (ie:
> /usr/local/libexec/64)

Thanks for your suggestion. I don't think this works with LD_PRELOAD. Sudo
sets LD_PRELOAD to /usr/local/libexec/sudo_noexec.so which is the full path
including the shared library. I don't think the dynamic linker will
magically change this to /usr/local/libexec/64/sudo_noexec.so for 64 bit
linking.

Regards,

Richard