[sudo-users] noexec on Solaris 10 with mixed 32 bit and 64 bitbinaries

Richard van den Berg richard at vdberg.org
Wed May 19 09:32:07 EDT 2010

On Wed, 19 May 2010 15:12:10 +0200, Richard van den Berg
<richard at vdberg.org> wrote:
> Thanks for your suggestion. I don't think this works with LD_PRELOAD.
Sudo
> sets LD_PRELOAD to /usr/local/libexec/sudo_noexec.so which is the full
path
> including the shared library. I don't think the dynamic linker will
> magically change this to /usr/local/libexec/64/sudo_noexec.so for 64 bit
> linking.

After some digging I found that LD_PRELOAD_32 and LD_PRELOAD_64 should be
used instead of LD_PRELOAD in the case both 32 and 64 bit executables are
present.

IMHO sudo should support this. I can probably write a patch for env.c
myself, but I'll need some help getting the autoconf scripts to compile
both 32 and 64 bit versions of sudo_noexec.so on 64 bit capable systems.

Regards,

Richard