[sudo-users] Sudo 1.8.1 compialtion with LDAP

Rakesh Rajasekharan rakesh.rajasekharan at gmail.com
Mon Aug 22 09:26:23 EDT 2011

Hi Todd,

I am now trying to compile SUDO 1.8.1p2 with LDAP support.
I have installed the openldap 2.4.25 depot on my HPUX HPPA machine. I have
the files under "/usr/local/include".
/usr/local/include/ldap.h
/usr/local/include/ldap_cdefs.h
/usr/local/include/ldap_features.h
/usr/local/include/ldap_schema.h
/usr/local/include/ldap_utf8.h

To include LDAP support , I run the configure script as "./configure
--with-ldap=/usr/local/include".

 But from the o/p of configure it seems , it is unable to locate the
required ldap files.

*checking for LDAP libraries... not found, using -lldap
checking for library containing ber_set_option... no
checking whether lber.h is needed... yes
checking sasl/sasl.h usability... no
checking sasl/sasl.h presence... no
checking for sasl/sasl.h... no
checking for ldap_ssl.h... no
checking for mps/ldap_ssl.h... no
checking for ldap_initialize... no
checking for ldap_start_tls_s... no
checking for ldapssl_init... no
checking for ldapssl_set_strength... no
checking for ldap_unbind_ext_s... no
checking for ldap_str2dn... no
checking for ldap_create... no
checking for ldap_sasl_bind_s... no
checking for ldap_ssl_client_init... no
checking for ldap_start_tls_s_np... no
checking for ldap_search_ext_s... no
checking for ldap_search_st... no
*

The configure however compeltes without any error and so does the make and
make install.
So, does this mean , I was able to successfully compile SUDO with LDAP
support.

Thanks,
Rakesh