[sudo-users] Sudo 1.8.1 compialtion with LDAP

Todd C. Miller Todd.Miller at courtesan.com
Fri Aug 19 10:05:36 EDT 2011

On Fri, 19 Aug 2011 18:36:30 +0530, Rakesh Rajasekharan wrote:

> I am compiling the SUDO 1.8.1 version with LDAP support. Basically
> I need to compile SUDO on an HPUX HPPA and ia64 machine and create
> a binary that can be used across various other HPUX machines. My
> concern here is I want to compile it with LDAP support so, do I
> really need to have ldap installed on the machine that I am compiling
> or its fine if I have LDAP installed on the machine where I am going
> to execute the binaries.

You need to have the LDAP libraries and header files installed on
the machine you are compiling sudo on.  You don't need to have LDAP
configured on that machine, sudo just needs to be able to use the
LDAP libraries and headers.  Typically this means either the HP
LDAP installed in /opt/ldapux or OpenLDAP installed elsewhere.