[sudo-users] glob usage in 1.6.9

Anders Johansson ajohansson at suse.de
Wed Feb 9 10:15:25 EST 2011

Hi,

As documented, if a user tries to execute ./command in a path allowed by a
sudoers rule containing a wildcard, it won't match with the fnmatch() call,
so fast_glob can't be enabled.

I wonder if a patch such as the attached would make sense, to allow fast_glob
to be turned on at least for certain such cases, to avoid a potentially
lengthy search that could trigger loads of autofs mounts and other unpleasant
things

Uncompiled, untested, I'm just wondering if the approach is worth pursuing

Anders