[sudo-users] php edit of sudoer file

Robert Lefebvre robert.r.lefebvre at gmail.com
Fri Dec 14 17:39:43 EST 2012

I had started building a php script that would have enabled logged in
teachers to use a php script that would modify the etc/shadow file to
temporarily deactive errant students as users. I couldn't get my script to
write to the file until I realized it was a permissions issue. I don't want
to leave the permissions changed so another approach would be to make php a
user in the sudo group so it could write to the shadow file. Some warned
that php was not that secure, that I shouldn't give it sudo rights and, so,
instead should create an LDAP server.

Does this group have any thoughts on this idea of making php a sudo user?

Thanks

--
BungeeBones.com - A B2B Link Exchange - Free Links in limited locations -
human edited and reviewed - Networked online advertising business