[sudo-users] LDAP Password Security

LE BOUTER Leo leo.lebouter-ext at aphp.fr
Tue Apr 7 08:25:34 MDT 2020

That's exactly it.

I was comparing sudo to how SSO would work on the web.
SSO on the web uses an Identity Server that only gives a service specific temporary token, not the user's password.
Here, users have to give their password to each server that has sudo installed.

Seeing your other message, I'll consider password-less sudo, though I don't think that's too good,
because it means a program running under any logged in user can also execute sudo with their permissions.

Only imperfect solutions here, it seems.

Thanks

Leo Le Bouter
Ingenieur Securite Infrastructure
Entrepot de Donnees de Sante (WIND)