[sudo-users] EXTERNAL: Re: Does AIX properly forward to a Linux logsrvd? Endian Issues?

Dolan, Sean sean.dolan at lmco.com
Wed Oct 19 15:40:56 MDT 2022

Thank you Todd.   I JUST found the issue.   Our /etc/sudoers  has the following lines which works well for Linux but not AIX:

Defaults log_ouptut

Defaults log_server=logserver-linux:30343

Defaults!ALL !log_output

Defaults!/bin/su log_output

The idea is that all commands issues by sudo would be logged to the logsrvd recipient, but JUST the command "su -"   would be captured via the I/O capture so we can playback a persons session if needed.

Linux works:   I see the log statement in the /var/log/secure   on the Linux logsrvd host  *and* I see the /var/log/sudo-io/   entry created.

On AIX, the command does not show up on the Linux logsrvd (e.g. sudo cat /etc/shadow), but I DO see the /var/log/sudo-io/  entry if you do a sudo su -

Any way to configure the sudoers in a way that would work for AIX as well?