[sudo-users] How to elevate privileges to give user sudo access

Todd C. Miller Todd.Miller at sudo.ws
Wed Jun 21 13:47:40 MDT 2023

On Wed, 21 Jun 2023 11:49:35 -0000, Tony Senatore via sudo-users wrote:

> We are running AIX on this server with an GKLM. we are trying to install AIX
> patches and one user who is new tried sudo su - and receives this msg
>
> This is the error
> 'sorry, msslp is not allowed to excute '/usr/bin/ksh' as root on sklmxxxx
>
> How do we elevate priv for her id so she can access sudo su -

I'm not familiar with GKLM but this should just be a matter of
running the visudo command as root and adding a rule to the
/etc/sudoers file that allows access.

However, I'm a little surprised that /usr/bin/ksh is being rejected
when the user runs /usr/bin/su.  I would not expect that to happen
unless you have the enabled the "intercept" option in sudoers.