sudo 1.6.4 beta1 now available

Todd C. Miller Todd.Miller at courtesan.com
Fri Dec 14 22:03:07 EST 2001

The first beta version of sudo 1.6.4 is now available; I plan to
do the release of 1.6.4 in January of next year.  There are quite
a lot of changes as compared to 1.6.3p7 and I consider this to be
frozen for new features.

I had wanted to do a major overhaul to the parser but I just haven't
had the time and it has been far too long since 1.6.3 was released.
The parser overhaul will likely be in sudo 1.7.0.

For details on what has changed (lots!)
    http://www.sudo.ws/sudo/beta.html

You may download the tarball from:
    ftp://ftp.sudo.ws/pub/sudo/beta/sudo-1.6.4b1.tar.gz
    http://www.sudo.ws/sudo/dist/beta/sudo-1.6.4b1.tar.gz

FYI, I've started using the sudo.ws domain for the mailing lists
and web/ftp stuff.  No one should take this to mean anything other
than that I finally got around to grabbing a sudo.something domain.
All the old courtesan.com paths still work (it's the same machine).