sudo, pam, ssh and Gnome

TRUCKS, JESSE (AIT) jt9873 at sbc.com
Tue Sep 3 10:14:48 EDT 2002

This whole idea defeats several layers of security. Why not just log in as
root? If you want this level of privileges on a system without using the
root password, recompile sudo with no timeout for access, setup your user in
the sudoers file with the NOPASSWD option and have your login profile run
"sudo -v" to upgrade your privileges, or just run "sudo -s" to give you a
root shell.