[sudo-workers] sudoer mode

Thuy Cao thuytcao at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 18 17:09:20 EDT 2004

Hi all,

I have sudo on an AIX machine 5.1. I granted a sudo root access for a user.
Here is the entry in the /etc/sudoers file:
testid ALL=(ALL) NOPASSWD: ALL

howerver, when that user tried to do sudo su -,he got this error:
/etc/sudoers is mode 0600, should be 0440.

I checked the /etc/sudoers file, the permissions are correct 440. Only this
user got problem. I tried different Ids, all went fine.

Does this have to do something with the user's .profile file? Any help from
you would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.