[sudo-workers] Problems building sudo-1.6.8p12 on RHEL3u7 (undefined reference to `closefrom')

Coe, Colin C. Colin.Coe at woodside.com.au
Mon Jul 17 20:26:00 EDT 2006

Hi Todd and thanks for the quick response!

It's a bit weird but ./configure seems to only fail (as in get the
closefrom answer wrong, btw it also gets getprogname, strlcpy and
strlcat wrong) when run via rpmbuild (still not sure why)...

Once I had manually build and installed sudo I also had to change the
PAM sudo file to work with our setup:
---
auth     required pam_stack.so service=system-auth
account  required pam_stack.so service=system-auth
password required pam_stack.so service=system-auth
session  required pam_limits.so
---
As I said before, this is RHEL 3u7 (same result in u8 BETA).  This
version uses PAM 0.75-67.

I'll have another look at the RPM .spec file...

Thanks again.

CC